1 Package Applegate Organic Stadium-Style Hot Dogs
1 Package Applegate Natural Monterey Jack Cheese with Jalapeno Peppers
4 bell peppers
1 medium onion
4 tablespoon olive oil
1-2 garlic cloves
Salt and black pepper, to taste
Hot Dog Buns
- Fried Peppers and Onions:
- Stem, seed, and slice 4 bell peppers and set aside.
- Peel and slice 1 medium onion and set aside.
- Heat 4 tablespoons olive oil in a large cast-iron or other heavy-bottomed skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add 1-2 peeled and chopped garlic cloves and the bell peppers and onions.
- Season to your taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Cook, stirring frequently, until peppers and onions are browned on the edges, about 10 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and cook until peppers and onions are soft, 10 minutes more.
Makes 5 cups
Hot dogs are not just for kids anymore!
Recipe written and provided by Applegate