The Doylestown Food Market started as a Cooperative, a community-owned grocery store, selling clean, nutritious food and other products from local farms and producers. Operating for four years, it accomplished much, including over a million dollars of sales of local products, but it never made a profit.
On February 6, 2018, the Cooperative was sold to a new company, A New Hope For Doylestown, Inc., which is owned by Paul Weinstein, his wife Dr. Debbie Bernstein, and John LaSala. Our goal is to keep the Market’s mission of supporting local farms and providing access to clean, nutritious foods going, and to make the store profitable for the long term.
We are about:
- Clean, nutritious food for healthy people
- Local, Local, Local
- Supporting sustainable agriculture, local farms and local producers
- Knowing where your food came from and what is (and is not) in your food
- Environmentally friendly products
- In the store, we have more than 100 local producers represented.
- We offer the opportunity for people to know their Producers with in-store demos.