Bill’s Best BBQ Pulled Pork
This is a very simple recipe, but sometimes simple is best!
- Pork shoulder
- BBQ Sauce (We recommend Bill's Best Organic BBQ Sauce)
- Use your oven instead of a crock pot. You’ll discover that the oven is a great way to make pulled pork or chicken while keeping the meat nice and moist.
- Letting a pork shoulder sit immersed in a brine overnight to enhance the flavor but it isn’t necessary.
- Use whatever brine recipe you like. Sit the pork shoulder in a baking pan (do not use the rack if your baking pan has one - the meat needs to sit in its juices) and cover it with aluminum foil.
- Set your oven for 275 and let the waiting game begin! Usually it takes around 8 hours to fully cook, but slow is better and means more flavor. When the meat shreds effortlessly with a fork you’re ready to go.
- Pull the pan out of the oven and shred all the meat into a bowl. Add Bill’s Best BBQ sauce!
- Serve on a bun with fresh coleslaw for a nice cool crunch.