Yield: 4 Servings
An asterisk * indicates the ingredient is available at the Doylestown Food Co-op
- * olive oil to coat baking sheet
- * 8 chicken thighs (try Necessity Farm/Landis or Locust Point Farms)
- * 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- * 2 teaspoons chili powder
- * 1 teaspoon salt
- * 1 teaspoon cumin
- * 1 teaspoon paprika
- * ¼ teaspoon ground red pepper
- * ⅓ cup honey ( try Peace Fuel Nutrition, Buckingham Valley Honey, or The Honeybee Shoppe)
- * 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- Preheat the broiler
- Remove skin from thighs if needed.
- Coat a baking sheet with olive oil.
- Combine the next 6 ingredients (garlic powder to red pepper) in a large bowl.
- Add chicken to the large bowl and toss to coat.
- Place the chicken on the coated baking sheet
- Broil for 10 minutes on each side
- Remove pan from oven and brush the chicken with the honey mixture.
- Return the pan to the oven and cook the chicken 2 additional minutes per side, brushing with the honey mixture in between. A thermometer should register 170 degrees.
Boneless skinless chicken thighs may be used. Adjust cooking times to 6 minutes per side plus 1-2 additional minutes per side or until a thermometer registers 170 degrees.