- 1 Can 7.5. oz. Sockeye Salmon w/juices
- 1/2 small Yellow Onion or Scallions - fine dice
- 1/2 small Bell Pepper - fine dice, any variety
- 2 Tbs. small chopped Flat Leaf Parsley or Dill*
- 1 Egg
- Juice of half a Lemon
- 1 cup Panko or other bread crumbs (you can use more if you are so inclined)**
- 2 Tbs. Olive Oil or Grape Seed Oil for frying
- Mix together all ingredients except breadcrumbs and oil.
- Form mixture into 4 patties of equal weight and size.
- Preheat skillet to MEDIUM heat and add oil.
- Coat each salmon cake with breadcrumbs and sear to cook on both sides in hot skillet with oil until golden and egg is fully cooked. Avoid over handling while cooking in order to maintain shape, approximately 6 minutes per side.
- Reduce heat to low if your patties or the oil begins to smoke while cooking.
- Serve with fresh spring vegetables and garnish with lemon.
**Breadcrumbs are optional. If you don't want breadcrumbs, your patties will turn out just as nice!