- 2 Medium Sized Butternut Squash
- 1.5 Tbs Butter (or Vegan Spread)
- 1/2 Yellow Onion
- 2.5 cups water
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground pepper
- (optional) 1/3 cup heavy cream
- Slice squash down the middle into 2 halves. Heat oven to 425°F. Set a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Place the squash pieces cut-side up on the baking sheet. Melt butter over squash & season with salt and pepper. Cook for 1 hour.
- Dice Onion - Melt the remaining of butter in a pan on medium heat. Add onion and season further with salt and pepper. Cook on medium heat for 5-7 minutes, and set to the side.
- Let squash cool, and scoop out with a large spoon into the saucepan with the sautéed onions; cook over medium heat for 15 minutes. Once done remove from heat (and add cream if desired at this point!).
- Purée the soup in the blender in several batches until it has a smooth consistency - seasoning as necessary!
Do you like this post?