Sweet & Spicy Slaw
1 small head of red cabbage - shredded
1 small apple - diced (with the skin)
1 large carrot - matchstick cut
1 medium turnip - matchstick cut
1 cup sweet dried cherries
1/2 cup golden raisins
2 tsp salt
1 cup plain yogurt
2 tbsp cup extra virgin olive oil
1/4 cup of apple cider vinegar
2 tbsp sugar
1 tbsp dry tarragon
1 tbsp mustard
1-2 teaspoons hot pepper flakes or chili powder
- Place the shredded cabbage in a large bowl, sprinkle all of the salt over it, mix well and let stand for about 15 minutes.
- While you wait for the cabbage to get salted you can slice and dice the other ingredients and add them to the same bowl.
- Add the dried cherries and the raisins and mix everything together.
- In a separate bowl mix all of the remaining ingredients and whisk together until it becomes a uniform sauce.
- Pour the sauce over the cabbage mixture and toss until well-coated.
- Cover and place in the refrigerator for half an hour before serving.