Download our volunteer form and
- Return to the store or
- Mail it to Volunteer at Doylestown Food Co-op, P.O. Box 951, Doylestown, PA 18901.
VOLUNTEER! We have so many ways to get involved, listed below. Please let our Volunteer Coordinator know if you would like to learn more about any of these opportunities. Training is provided wherever appropriate.
Are you interested in joining a committee? Learn more about our committees and sign up here.
Some of the jobs are small, only a few hours a month. Other jobs are bigger, requiring perhaps a few hours a week to accomplish. Additional details of each job with the approximate hours and committee responsible can be downloaded here.
Most of the jobs do not require a special skill set, just a few hours of time from people who are dedicated to supporting our local farmers and bringing fresh, healthy food to our community and keeping our Co-op strong.
- Marketing: Graphic Artist: Create creative graphic designs for advertisements, website, posters, banners, signs, in-store messaging and special events.
- Marketing Support: Post events on community blog calendars, Write content pieces for blogs, advertising, etc.
- Marketing Administration: Maintain member and general email list, Data entry, Coordinate special projects.
- Finance: Membership Billing Clerk: Prepare and Mail all equity payment reminders for annual membership payments, Record all member payments received, Follow-up with any delinquent pays
- Assistant to Treasurer/Director of Finance: Reconciles bank and credit card accounts monthly, Prepares monthly journal entries, Creates cash deposits weekly, Assists in Monthly Financial Board Package Creation, Creates ad hoc reports as needed., Assists in tax preparation and other regulatory reports
- Accounts Payable Clerk: Reviews vendor invoices for accuracy, Scans all non-digital invoices and files them in our system, Enters all vendor invoices in QuickBooks, Reconciles any vendor statement with our system, Trouble shoots any discrepancies.
- Volunteer Coordinator: works to actively recruit community members to fill various volunteer needs at the Doylestown Food Market, both in the store and on various committees. This could be a shared volunteer position.
- Membership and Education: Chair, Membership and Education Committee. Committee Mission Statement: To look for and implement ways to grow and sustain membership base, establish clear communication channels for members, and engage members in actively supporting the co-op through a variety of educational and community events. Organizes and chairs once a month two-hour meeting. Coordinates and oversees activities of subcommittees and activities.
- Sponsor Outreach for Film Series (sub committee of Membership and Education): Obtain and coordinate sponsorship advertising and support for Farm Fresh Film Series.
- Back up/Protégé Book Club Facilitator: Work with established Book Club Organizer and Facilitator to select books for each month; co-facilitate monthly book clubs at the Doylestown Bookshop.
- Cooking Demo Co-Organizer: Organize a monthly cooking demo program. Secure location and local chef/nutritionist to do demo. Work with Marketing to promote. One organizer is already established.
If you have any questions about any of our volunteer jobs, please contact Jacquie Fox at 215-262-4883 or at Outreach@doylestown.coop.